Collection of Personal Information
- We also may automatically collect general anonymous information related to your use of our website, such as the date and time you visit the website and the pages you visit on the website. In addition, we collect "cookie" information from your browser to identify your computer and provide us with a record of your visits to our website. The technology used to gather "cookie" information is provided by the Internet browser you use, and may be turned off by using your browser preference buttons. This statistical information helps us to understand how our website is used (e.g., identifying which pages or sections are most popular and the peak activity times), which assists us in planning for future improvements to the website to better meet our client's needs.
Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
We may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to process your reservation or other purchases;
- to identify you and facilitate check-in;
- to facilitate billing and collection;
- to provide the spa accommodations and related services you request or prefer;
- to understand your needs and improve our product and service offerings to meet those needs;
- to create marketing lists to allow us, our affiliates and selected service providers to promote and advise you of products and services offered by us or our marketing partners that may be of interest to you; and
- to establish and maintain relations with our clients.
You may refuse or withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information as explained under "Consent" below. Before using your personal information for any purpose other than those listed above, Serenity Spa will explain that purpose to you and seek your consent.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
In common with many organizations, we reduce costs by obtaining some routine services from third party service providers, and your information may be provided to them. These service providers must agree to only use the information disclosed to them for the specific purposes stated by us in the agreement and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. Disclosure of personal information to these providers may be for:
- processing of your reservations;
- processing and fulfillment of your purchases of products and services;
- printing and mailing services for promotional and marketing material;
- collection and compilation of information contained in client comment cards; or contacting you from time to time to conduct surveys or to obtain your feedback on our existing or proposed product and service offerings.
- In addition, we may enter into agreements with marketing partners to disclose personal information through marketing lists for the sole purpose of direct marketing of products and services that may be of interest to you. These marketing lists contain very general and non-sensitive information, such as names, addresses and other contact information. In no case will sensitive personal information be disclosed without the express consent of the client.
Consent and Opting-Out
- Our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information requires your consent. Depending on the nature and sensitivity of your personal information, your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such information may be express and positive (which may be oral, in writing or electronic) or implied (such as by using our products or services or by not responding to our offer to remove your personal information from our marketing lists) in which case we assume that you consent. Consent may be given by your authorized representative. You may withdraw your consent at any time as long as you give reasonable notice of withdrawal.
- Withdrawal or refusal of consent is subject to legal and contractual restrictions. Serenity Spa can collect, use or disclose your personal information for legal, security or certain processing reasons when authorized by law. We may also disclose personal information necessary to enable us to process your reservation or purchases of products or services and to collect a debt owed by you.
- If you prefer to be removed from the marketing lists used to market products and services to you, you have the opportunity to opt-out by contacting us. Please allow us 30 days to update our records. If you do not opt-out, we will assume that you consent. By opting out you may limit our ability to offer you certain goods, services or benefits. If you do not opt-out, we will assume that you consent.
Security of Personal Information
- We will maintain your personal information in secure data storage to safeguard it from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We will maintain the strict confidentiality of all personal information collected, and will only disclose such information to employees and service providers of Serenity Spa who require such information for the purposes set out above. We have entered into agreements with our service providers to safeguard the personal information in their possession. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the purposes stated above or as otherwise required by law.
- We will keep personal information that is in our possession or control accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Third Party Website Links